Introduction to Python
Python is a general-purpose, interpreted, object-oriented scripting language. It was created by Guido van Rossum in 1991. At the time of writing this post, the latest version of python was 3.7.1.
Features of Python
- Easy to learn – The simple structure and syntax of Python makes it easy to learn for beginners.
- Database connectivity – Python can connect to all major databases.
- Easy to read and maintain – Simple and clean syntax of python makes it easy to read.
- Platform independent – Python runs on many platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac.
Things to remember
- Unlike several other programming languages which uses ; to indicate end of a statement, Python considers New line as the end of a statement.