What causes this error?
This error can occur if you have deleted one of the OS installed on your computer. For example, if you have both Windows and Linux installed on it and you have deleted the Linux partition, your computer may come up with this error.
How to fix GRUB rescue error?
To fix Grub rescue mode error, you will need a windows installation CD/DVD.
1) Insert the installation CD /DVD in your disk drive and boot from it.
2) From the first window, Click on Repair your computer.
3) In next window, click on Troubleshoot.
4) Select Advanced.
5) Now select command prompt.
6) In the command prompt, run the following commands
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
7) Close the command prompt and restart your computer.
Was this post helpful? Let me know by leaving a comment below. 😊